Salads and stuff!
Salad is a mixture of different foods that consists of at least one raw element or ingredient. It can be served either in warm condition or chilled condition, or at room temperature; it usually depends on salads.
Salad dressing refers to where salad sauce is used while garnishing the salad.
The word ‘salad’ is linked with ‘salt,’ where ‘herba salata’ means salted greens in Vulgar Latin, ‘sal’ means salted in Latin.
Does salad refer to greeny or healthy stuff only?
Nope! Salads can be a mixture of any food ingredients or products. The best part of salads is that they can be served at any course of the meal!
● Appetizer: Appetizers, also known as starters, are a salad from European cuisine; usually, a mini-dish that is served right before the meal. Some appetizers are cold, while others are served hot.
● Side salads: Side salads usually go along with the main dish, like a Caesar salad or a potato salad.
● Main course salads: Main course salads consist of food rich in high-protein cheese, meat, eggs, fish, or legumes.
● Dessert salads: Dessert salad is a mixture of sweet foods like gelatin, fruits, sweeteners, whipped cream, etc.
The most giant recorded salad!?
In Red Square of Moscow, Russia, Mouzendis Travel created a salad weighing 20,100 kilograms (44,300 lb) on 4th September of 2016. This Greek salad consisting of olive oil, tomatoes, cucumbers, oregano, feta cheese, onions, and salt, was recorded as the largest weighing salad!
The best salad recipes that one must try!
1. The traditional salad- The Shalgam!
The salad features essential ingredients such as radish, bell pepper, onion, carrot, garlic and dressed in oil, salt, sugar, cayenne pepper, white wine vinegar!
2. Vietnamese Shredded Chicken Salad, Asia:
This chicken salad is popularly known as ‘Goi Ga’ in Vietnam, which involves cooked chicken, mint, carrots, onions, cilantro, and cabbage. Then, the salad is mixed and dressed with fish sauce, chili, garlic, peppers, lime juice, and sugar; it results in a healthy yet sweetened and crispy salad!
3. Treska, Europe:
This Slovak salad is prepared traditionally using cod, onions, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustards, carrots, and seasonings. However, it is dressed in a pretty different process by cooking cod in vinegar, water, and bay leaves. Enjoy the salad with ‘rozky,’ a long Slovak bread roll! The salad is kept in a refrigerator and chilled for twenty-four hours.
4. Phla Kung, Thailand:
This salad gives the best taste of hotness and sourness!
Phla Kung comprises various ingredients such as shrimp, shallots, lettuce, kaffir lime leaves, cilantro, and mint. Finally, the salad is dressed with chili-lime, placed on lettuce leaves with the garnishing of fresh mint sprigs!
Try any of these salad recipes and enjoy!